Perfect for breakfast, brunch or as a snack.
This recipe is when you want to impress your friends with something different for breakfast or when you want to spoil that someone special.
The beauty of this recipe is that is fully customisable, Banting approved and irresistible. What more do you want?
If you want to make this for snacks why not use a mini muffin pan.
Crustless Mini Breakfast Quiches
200g Bacon bites
1 small chopped Onion
½ teaspoon Garlic
6 chopped Mushrooms
1 teaspoon dried or one fresh sprig of Rosemary
250 ml Fresh Cream (I used Woolworths long life cream)
Grounded Black pepper
handful Baby Spinach
½ cup Feta Cheese (one wheel)
handful Cherry Tomatoes
½ cup grated Gouda Cheese
1. Fry the Bacon, Onion and Garlic in a pan (no extra fat is required as the bacon makes its own) until almost golden brown. (Don’t season with salt as bacon is already salty)
2. Add the chopped Mushrooms and Rosemary and cook with the Bacon for 5 min.
3. Whisk together the Eggs, Black Pepper and Cream in a jug.
4. Take a muffin oven pan and grease it, I took a big muffin pan which makes 6 quiches.
5. Divide the Bacon and Mushroom mixture, Cherry Tomatoes, Feta Cheese and Baby Spinach equally into each muffin cup.
6. Pour over the egg and cream mixture equally.
7. Add the graded Gouda Cheese on top of each one.
Bake on 180 ⁰C for about 15 min (depending on your size muffin pan) until mixture is set and golden brown.
Leave to cool until you can see that the sides have pulled away from the pan.
Please leave my a comment on how yours turned out and the variations you used.